Why Is My Vape Pen Blinking?
If your vape isn’t functioning properly, you’ll likely turn to the LED indicator to get an idea of what’s going on. This little window into your vape communicates its status with changing colors, steady pulsating, blinking, or other similar behaviors. By observing this light and consulting your device’s manual, you can decipher the status of your vape pen, portable vaporizer, or desktop vaporizer and make the proper adjustments.
Sometimes, though, the answer isn’t always clear. Your vape pen light can begin blinking without warning or without a clear cause as to why it’s changed. In order to use your vape safely, though, the issue needs to be resolved. What could cause your vape pen light to start blinking, and how do you troubleshoot your vape and solve the problem? Here, we review some common reasons why this happens and steps you can take to address the issue.
Reasons why your vape’s indicator light may be blinking
- The battery is dying: A battery on the verge of dying is a common reason a vape pen begins to blink.
- The battery is loose: A blinking light may indicate a connection issue, or it could indicate improper installation on a unit with a removable battery.
- The button is stuck: A button stuck in the on position, or stuck in a partially-on position, can send mixed messages to the vape, causing it to show an error message.
- The components are not installed correctly: If you removed components for cleaning, it’s possible that the components were not put back in the right place, or they are not attached tightly enough.
- The cartridge and the battery aren’t communicating: The connector on your vape cartridge may not be making contact with the top of the battery. This may be because your cartridge is damaged or the threads in your battery are bent or otherwise compromised.
- The vape is no longer syncing: If your portable vape or vape pen is Bluetooth® enabled, a blinking light may indicate that there may be a connection issue between your device and vape.
A blinking light doesn’t always indicate that your vaporizer is malfunctioning. Such a change in your indicator’s behavior can reflect device behavior such as heat-up time, charging, and fluctuating temperature.
What do the light’s changing colors mean?
In addition to blinking, pulsating, and staying solid, your indicator light will likely change colors to communicate any issues your vape may be experiencing. Common reasons for color changes include:
- Battery depletion: Many vape pens and portable vaporizers, including PAX portable vaporizers, blink red when the battery is dying or about to die. The color will change from red once the battery is changed.
- Battery charging: Color and light behavior, such as from blinking to pulsing, can indicate that the charger is connected and the vape is on its way to being fully charged.
Temperature setting: The light will change color based on the selected temperature setting, and will likely pulse or otherwise change while your vape is heating up.
How to fix a blinking vape pen
- Charge your vape. Plug in your vape at the earliest opportunity, and give it time to recharge completely before attempting to use it again. For PAX devices, this time varies. It will take approximately 2 to 3 hours for PAX 2 to recharge, around 90 minutes for PAX 3 to recharge, and about 45 minutes for PAX Era to recharge.
- Check your cannabis materials. Unscrew and reconnect the vape cartridge or pod, or open, empty, and repack the chamber. For the PAX Era, ensure that the SimpleClick™ pod is in place.
- Examine the button. Double-check that the power button is not jammed or stuck in an unusual position.
- Clean your vape. Check your vape’s user manual and follow the instructions to clear debris from the mouthpiece, the chamber, and any connectors on the vape. PAX 2 and PAX 3 portable vaporizers come with a maintenance kit which includes pipe cleaners and a wire brush.
- Check that all components are in the right place. If you recently removed components for cleaning, double-check that the mouthpiece, oven lid, and any other parts were put back correctly.
- Confirm that the vape is syncing with the app. Reboot your smartphone and/or your portable vaporizer to try to re-establish a connection.
If your vape button is still blinking after going through this checklist and following the guidelines in the user manual, contact your vape’s manufacturer or an authorized repair shop for assistance.