Vape Starter Kit: Know This Before Your First Purchase!
Whether you are new to vaping or just want a new device, vape starter kits offer everything you need to vape at a great value. These handy, all-in-one packages let you start a session with your new device almost right out of the box – just add your chosen material, and you’ll be on your way.
What should you expect in your vape starter kit? This blog will take you through the many options on the market, what’s typically included in each, and how to identify the kit that’s best for you.
What is Vaping?
Vaping involves using an electronic device to heat your chosen dry herb or concentrate cannabis material to its boiling point. This creates a vapor that is inhaled. Since this temperature is so much lower than the point of combustion, the cannabis material should not burn, resulting in a smoother and more flavorful inhalation.
People choose to vape for many different reasons. However, all start with the journey to choose the right vape device to suit their desired experience. It can be difficult to select a device at first, especially if you haven’t vaped before. Luckily, vape starter kits make the selection process a bit easier.
What is a Vape Starter Kit?
A vape starter kit offers virtually everything you need for a vape session in one box, with no need to purchase additional components. Typically, a starter kit includes the device itself, the charger, and the cleaning and maintenance tools necessary to keep your vape in good condition.
For example, the PAX 3 Complete Kit has all the components necessary to vaporize dry herb and concentrates. The package comes with the device itself, a battery charger, flat and raised mouthpieces, a cleaning kit, a half-pack oven lid, concentrate inserts, three extra oven screens, and a multi-tool for inserting and removing concentrate material. It also comes with a carrying case to keep your device in pristine condition.
Kits like this are useful to vapers who want to get started with their new device straight out of the box. Just give your new vape a charge, pack it with your desired compatible material, and you’re ready to kick off your first session.
What are Vape Starter Kits in Comparison to Box Mods?
Vape starter kits are an easy way to begin using a new device, especially compared with the more complex box mods. Box mods are highly customizable but require quite a bit of knowledge to mix and match the necessary components for a session. With a box mod, consumers must select their own batteries and heating element to build their own customized device from the ground-up. While some consumers enjoy the detailed level of customizability, many vapers simply want a device that’s ready to go at the point of purchase.
Many vape starter kits include devices with a wide range of functionality, from detailed temperature settings to Bluetooth® connectivity with a mobile application for enhanced control. That means even though starter kit vapes are somewhat less customizable than their box mod counterparts, they still offer a wide range of features to help you tailor your session to suit your preferences.
What are the Different Types of Starter Kits?
The world of vaporizers encompasses many designs and styles. Each model can be quite different from its counterpart, so understanding what’s out there and how each device can support your preferred experience is important before selecting just any starter kit.
Here’s a look at some of the most common types of portable vape devices:
- Vape pens: Vape pens are named for their slender, tube-like appearance. These devices are typically available for use with disposable, pre-filled cartridges that screw or click into the device. However, some vape pens include a chamber or oven that can be loaded with dry herb material or concentrates. Vape pen kits typically include the battery and a charger.
- Pod vapes: Pod vapes are designed for use with device-specific, pre-filled pods that can be swapped in and out of the device. Typically, the pods designed for use with these vapes house the wicks and heating element required to vaporize the material. Pod vape starter kits typically include the device and a charger.
- Dry herb vaporizers: Portable vaporizers intended for use with dry herb material such as cannabis flower typically include an oven or chamber that can be packed with ground herbs. Material is heated within that chamber, where it is vaporized and can be inhaled through a mouthpiece. Dry herb vaporizers typically include the device, a charger, and some cleaning supplies. Some more intricate kits may include extra replacement accessories.
- Concentrate vaporizers: Similar to dry herb vaporizers, concentrate vapes are designed specifically for use with concentrates such as wax or shatter. These vaporizers often feature a chamber designed (or modified with additional accessories) to hold concentrate materials. These vapes also often feature adjustable temperatures, especially if they are compatible with more than one type of concentrate. Since vaping concentrates requires more parts than the average vaping experience, starter kits often include additional accessories and tools to assist with concentrate use.
- Hybrid vaporizers: Hybrid vaporizers combine the functionality of dry herb vapes and concentrate vapes. Some hybrid vapes, like the PAX 3, require the use of a concentrate insert to augment their capabilities. They also tend to have customizable temperature settings and features like Bluetooth® connectivity to mobile applications. These starter kits will often offer the components necessary to consume both material types, in addition to the device itself and the charger.
Once you’ve decided on which type of vape starter kit is right for you, it’s time to investigate each device more closely. You should identify your priorities in a device and compare the vapes that are available to you to determine which of those line up best with your desired vape experience.
What are the Things You Should Consider When Buying One?
First and foremost, think about the material that you wish to consume. Some vape pen starter kits include devices that only work with brand-specific or universal vape cartridges; others are designed to work with dry herb material. Others still are dedicated for concentrate use, with some brands offering dry herb-concentrate hybrid options. Choose the vape pen starter kit which supports the type of material you plan to consume.
Second, keep in mind that every vape device is a bit different, so the components included in the kit could vary. For example, the PAX 3 comes in “device only” and “complete” kits. Those who do not consume concentrates can purchase the device-only version and receive all the accessories needed to consume just dry herb. Those who consume concentrates or switch back and forth can expect a range of accessories to support both uses in their complete kit. Do your homework on each device you are considering before settling on a starter kit.
Finally, you will want to consider the longevity and capabilities of the device. Especially if you are new to vaping, you might be tempted to keep costs down and pick up a basic, no-frills device. However, it’s important to balance cost-effectiveness with functionality. A vape starter kit can include a device that will serve you for a long time to come, so take the time to investigate its features thoroughly.
How Much Does a Starter Kit Cost?
Vape starter kits vary widely in price depending on the type of device being purchased and the comprehensiveness of the components included within the kit. For some of the most basic kits, you can expect to pay between $20 and $70; however, more advanced vaporizer models can cost between $200 and $400 for a complete kit.
When purchasing your first vape starter kit, it’s important to balance price with functionality. There’s no need to go for the top shelf product necessarily, but you also don’t want a vape that isn’t going to perform properly. If you buy a cheap vape starter kit, you could find that you’ve soon outgrown its capabilities and need to replace it sooner than expected.
Choosing the Right Vape Starter Kit For Your Intended Experience
Vape starter kits are useful products because they simplify the process of choosing a vape and getting started. However, not all are simplistic in terms of their features. When selecting a vape starter kit, it’s important to investigate the device’s functionality thoroughly to ensure that not only will you be able to experiment with different session types, but that the device will serve you for a long time to come.
The bottom line when it comes to choosing a vape starter kit is finding one that matches with your preferred vaping experience. That can sometimes be challenging to understand, especially for consumers who are exploring what they want out of a desired experience. However, selecting a device with customizable settings grants you a fair degree of flexibility in how you tailor your vape sessions, fine-tuning every aspect from flavor to vape cloud size. These important tools are what help you craft your desired experience from the get-go.