Top 5 Flower Vape Pen 2019 – Products Review and Details
Just because vape pens are a huge hit in the cannabis community doesn’t mean flower is being left behind. While vapes are often associated with cannabis oil, there are many vape pens and portable vaporizer models on the market engineered to work with dry herbs such as cannabis flower. When it comes to a cost-effective and easy to use dry herb vaporizer, there are few options better than flower vape pens. What is it that makes flower vape pens an excellent option for consumers who enjoy dry herb? Let’s find out.
What is a Flower Vape Pen?
Flower vape pens are electronic devices built to vaporize dry herbs, such as cannabis flower, instead of requiring oil, liquid, or a pre-filled vape cartridge typically associated with vape pens. Typically compact, slender devices, vape pens are mobile and discreet. Flower vape pens generally include a chamber for packing herbal material, instead of connectors that screw onto a separate cartridge.
Flower vape pens include an internal battery that can be recharged, as well as an internal heating element. They also include a mouthpiece, which might be detachable depending on the design of the vape pen. Most vape pens have chambers located beneath the mouthpiece.
How do Flower Vape Pens Work?
Each component of a flower vape pen works together to vaporize your dry herb material. The battery powers the heating element, which warms the oven until your flower reaches its boiling point. Then, the flower is vaporized and the resulting vapor can be inhaled through the device’s mouthpiece.
Most flower vape pens rely on a method known as conduction heating to vaporize dry herb material. Conduction heating means the material in the chamber makes direct contact with the heating element. This is opposed to convection heating, a method which other types of vaporizers employ to indirectly heat and vaporize the material.
Flower vape pens are rechargeable devices that usually feature a simple one-button design. The single button on these vape pens can be used to power the device on and off, as well as cycle through any programmed temperature settings. The precise method of navigating these features could vary from model to model. More advanced models may have multiple temperature settings, or a mobile app to unlock even more customization possibilities.
Popular Flower Vape Pens
There are a lot of options for vaporizing flower, including portable and desktop vaporizers. However, for maximum simplicity and cost-effectiveness, there are few options better than the flower vape pen. Portable and discreet, these devices provide flexibility when vaporizing flower. Here are some of the most popular flower vape pens available on the market today:
- MigVapor Pro 50 Combustor: Vaping Daily’s best pick for under $100, the Pro 50 Combustor includes a 1600mAh battery. Despite its compact size, the Pro 50 Combustor also features an LED screen that displays the current wattage, along with two buttons to raise or lower accordingly. The square button on the front of the device allows you to power on and off, as well as preheat your device prior to inhalation.
- Arizer Air II: Vaping 360’s best pick for flower vape pens, the Arizer Air II features a hybrid heating system, which blends elements of conduction and convection heating. It includes a borosilicate glass vapor path that joins a detachable glass mouthpiece that can be easily removed for cleaning. It also includes a ceramic heating element and digital temperature control, which is displayed on a built-in LED screen.
- Atmos Jump: Vaping 360’s runner up, the Atmos Jump is a compact vape pen housed in carbon fiber. It contains a 1200 mAh battery and an anodized heating chamber. Standing at 5.75 inches, it easily fits in the palm of your hand. It offers one-button functionality for powering on the device and vaporizing flower on a single temperature setting.
- LINX Eden Flower Vaporizer: A 420 Science best pick, the LINX Eden flower vaporizer features an all quartz chamber and air insulation, with a magnetic cap to lock your flower into place after loading the device. It employs convection heating to indirectly vaporize your flower across four temperature settings. It can heat up to your selected temperature in about 30 seconds. The device includes a 2500mAh battery that recharges via USB.
- DynaVap VapCap M Vaporizer: Another 420 Science best pick, the DynaVap VapCap M vaporizer is made of stainless steel for additional durability. It is a manual vape pen, meaning it is a one-hitter that holds no more than 0.1 grams of material at any given time. The cap of the device clicks when the M is fully heated to your selected temperature setting. There are multiple temperature settings ranging from 300°F to 450°F, which the device can reach in 4 to 10 seconds.
Before choosing any of these vape pens or the many other quality models on the market today, there are some things you should consider. Taking the time to think about your needs and comparing available models by how well they meet those needs will help you decide with the best model for you.
What to Consider Before Buying a Flower Vape Pen
When selecting a flower vape pen, there are a few factors to keep in mind. Of course, your own priorities will determine precisely how much weight each factor carries. Still, each of these aspects is important, so be sure to weigh all these options before settling on any one device.
Battery: Few components of a vaporizer are as important as the battery. The battery determines how long your vaporizer can go without additional charging, as well as how warm the heating element can become. Battery life is measured by milliamp hours (mAh). Generally, the longer the mAh, the longer the battery can last. Temperature is measured by volts. A variable voltage battery is one that offers multiple temperature settings.
- Construction: What is the heating element made of? How about the exterior of the vape pen? These questions all cover the construction of the vape pen. Understanding what materials make up the components of your vape pen gives you insight into the quality of its construction.
- Design: Equally important as construction is the design of your vape pen. You want to select a model with a comfortable mouthpiece, as well as an easily accessible chamber. In addition, consider the maintenance and cleaning a vape pen will need and how difficult the process could be. A good design should make using and maintaining your device both ergonomic and relatively intuitive.
- Features: Temperature control and pre-heat settings are just some of the features you’ll want to learn about in the vape pen you’re considering. Some vape pens are relatively straightforward in functionality, while others have an array of different settings to try. Consider each vaporizer’s features and whether they would be useful to you before choosing a model.
- Cost: Naturally, your budget is a key factor in the flower vape pen purchasing decision. The price of a vape pen can vary from $20 to more than $200. Knowing your priorities and what features make for your optimal vape session can help you balance cost with functionality to choose an effective device that won’t break your budget.
Portable Dry Herb Vaporizers
If you’re looking for a device that can do a bit more than a flower vape pen but still vaporize dry herbs, look no further than portable dry herb vaporizers. These devices are often more advanced than most flower vape pens and include additional functionality, accessories, and safety features. Portable vaporizers also tend to have superior heating elements or innovative vapor paths that help cool vapor prior to inhalation.
For example, the PAX 3 is a portable vaporizer that works with both dry herbs and cannabis concentrates. In addition to its versatility, the PAX 3 offers more than 60 temperature settings, vibration notifications, and Bluetooth® connectivity to the PAX Mobile application. Its 3500mAh battery supports long-lasting and powerful sessions, with a relatively quick heat-up time of 22 seconds.
Flower vape pens are great options for the casual vaper, but a dry herb portable vaporizer can provide an enhanced vape experience. If you want a device that will work with your flower for the long haul, as well as provide advanced functionality to tailor your sessions to your liking, consider upgrading to a portable vaporizer instead of a vape pen.
Flower is Still King in the Era of Vaping
It could be easy to assume that flower’s days as the number one seller are numbered. After all, concentrates and edibles are rapidly gaining market share virtually everywhere that cannabis is legal. However, the emergence of flower vape pens and dry herb vaporizers proves that consumers are still choosing flower as their go-to cannabis consumption method. Although innovations in cannabis products are exciting and increasingly popular, it seems that flower is still king. If you want to incorporate flower into your vaping session, consider picking up a flower vape pen or dry herb vaporizer before your next session.