5 Most Popular Hemp CBD Oil Products
Estimated to be worth $646 billion by 2022, the industrial hemp-derived Cannabidiol (CBD) industry continues to grow and introduce innovative products into certain states around the U.S.. From the widely-known hemp CBD oil and vaping products to up-and-coming capsules and patches, hemp CBD’s proliferation and growing number of options mean that consumers can choose a product that closely fits their lifestyle, but only in states that permit hemp CBD to be added to these products.
While the types of available hemp CBD-infused products seem to only be limited by the imagination, a few categories stand out both in market growth and popularity. Here are five popular hemp CBD product types, as well as several unique and emerging products.
Hemp CBD Oil
Hemp CBD oil is one of the most common and widely-available products on the market in states that allow it. Frequently referred to as tinctures, this product mixes hemp CBD isolate, broad-spectrum hemp CBD, or full spectrum hemp CBD with a carrier oil. Common carrier oils include hemp seed oil, medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil from coconut, sunflower oil, and grapeseed oil. Certain brands add flavoring for an improved taste.
Hemp CBD Topicals, Skincare, and Personal Care
The hemp CBD skincare market is expected to hit $7 billion by 2023. It’s no surprise that hemp CBD topicals and skincare can be found in big retailers across the U.S., with major retailers from grocery chains to high-end department stores stocking their shelves with lotions and moisturizing creams.
Consumers can choose from all sorts of products, including lotions, creams, cooling gels, balms, and salves, but only in states that allow hemp CBD topicals. For those looking to up their skincare game, serums, face masks, moisturizers, soaps, and many other infused items make it easy to incorporate hemp CBD into a daily skincare routine.
This ever-growing category extends into a number of personal products such as bath bombs and salts. Some consumers may even come across hemp CBD-infused lubricants.
Hemp CBD Vaping Products
Hemp CBD vaping products vary in type,delivery methods, and are only available in states that allow the vaporization of hemp CBD products. Some of the most common ones include:
- Pre-filled vape cartridges are some of the most common hemp CBD vaping products in markets that allow them. These cartridges offer a high concentration of hemp CBD, often 250mg, 500mg, or 1 gram sizes. Many are manufactured with a 510 connector thread, designed to screw into the garden variety vape pen battery. Other pre-filled cartridges are designed and manufactured to fit the unique design of a particular vape pen brand.
- Disposable vape pens come pre-charged and pre-filled with hemp CBD in certain states. These models typically do not have buttons, instead heating up instantly when a draw is taken. Once depleted, the consumer simply disposes of the entire unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Vape additive can be mixed into any vaping material, where permitted, so consumers don’t need to change over their preferred product, flavor, or brand.
- Hemp CBD flower is dried plant material sourced from industrial hemp. This dry herb is finely ground, placed into the chamber of a portable vaporizer, and heated until vapor is released and inhaled, but only in states that allow the inhalation of hemp flower.
Hemp CBD Gummies and Other Infused Foods
Available in dozens of flavors and shapes, these chewy snacks are widely sought after for the discreet hemp CBD consumption experience they support, but only in states that allow hemp CBD to be added to edibles. When carrying around and opening a bottle of oil seems unwieldy or inconvenient, gummies step in as a mobile and convenient option. Hemp CBD gummies are also preferred by many because there’s no measuring involved as there may be with a topical or a bottle of hemp CBD oil — consumers should know exactly how much hemp CBD is contained in each piece.
In addition to gummies, consumers are reaching for hemp CBD-infused foods of all kinds in states that allow them. Sweets such as chocolate, drinks such as coffee made from infused beans, and even savory condiments such as hot sauce are rising in popularity and manufacturers get even more creative with the possibilities.
Hemp CBD Pet Treats
Furry friends are very much a part of the world of hemp CBD in states that allow hemp CBD in pet food. Pet products of all kinds have surged in recent years, as cats, dogs, and other mammals have an endocannabinoid system just like humans. Dog biscuits, cat treats, and even hemp CBD oil in animal-friendly flavors like bacon are available for Fido and Fluffy to enjoy.
Hemp CBD Products on the Rise
New hemp CBD products are constantly coming to market as the industry — and consumer demand for hemp CBD — grows. Here’s a quick look at some products that are generating buzz in states that allow them:
- Water-soluble hemp CBD: Extracted through nanotechnology, water-soluble hemp CBD immerses thoroughly into liquids, while hemp CBD oil can often rise to the top of a liquid. The nanotechnology process breaks down the hemp CBD into particles small enough to thoroughly dissolve in liquid.
- Hemp CBD drinks: Especially with the rise of water-soluble hemp CBD, sodas, seltzers, juices, cocktail mixes, and so many more drinks are making their way into the crowded beverage market in states that permit hemp CBD in beverages.
- Hemp CBD-infused ingredients: Home chefs can create their own concoctions at home, with the rise of sugar, honey, and other ingredient staples that come fused with the cannabinoid.
- Hemp CBD capsules and softgels: For those who don’t want the messiness or the bitter taste of oil but who want the discretion and precise measurements offered by a gummy, hemp CBD softgels offer an excellent alternative.
- Transdermal patches: Hemp CBD-infused transdermal patches deliver hemp CBD through the skin.
- Dissolving mouth strips: These products are similar to a mouthwash strip.
Catching the Hemp CBD Wave
The industrial hemp-derived CBD industry continues to grow by leaps and bounds. As more attention is paid to this cannabinoid, product varieties are sure to push the bounds of forward-thinking entrepreneurs everywhere. With so many new offerings and product types just over the horizon, the next big thing may be just around the corner.